Unit 3000, 4151 Hazelbridge Way
(Food court at Aberdeen Centre)
Tel: (604) 370-2211
May 13, 2013 – Lunch
Written by: Second Stomach
Hello Kitty and I were at Aberdeen Mall today. Hello Kitty suggested Bubble Waffle at the food court – a place I probably wouldn’t have considered – given the name, I thought they were mostly serving egg ball waffles, a favorite snack of mine. I didn’t realize exactly what they were serving for lunch….it’s a good thing Hello Kitty had heard of them before
However, there appeared to be a crowd in front of Bubble Waffle, and pretty soon, I realized everyone was ordering the noodle soups. For some time now, Hello Kitty has stopped going to Deer Garden Signatures because the price has gone up. But we still crave the similar style of noodle soup – and Hello Kitty heard about Bubble Waffle. OK, ofcourse, it’s not going to be the same experience as Deer Garden Signatures – after all, we are eating at a food court!
Just like Deer Garden Signatures, you get to customize your noodle soup. Select your soup base, noodles, and toppings! And, because we’re at “Bubble Waffle”, add $1 for an order of egg ball waffle!
Here’s what we ended up with for lunch:
Tomato & Pumpkin Fish Soup, Rice Noodles, with Fresh Fish Cut, and Sliced Beef
Tomato & Pumpkin Fish Soup, Flat Rice Noodles, with Cuttlefish Ball, Fish Puff
1 order of egg ball waffle
Here’s our order – with our 2 soups & 1 order of egg ball waffle:
Tomato & Pumpkin Fish Soup, Rice Noodles, with Fresh Fish Cut, and Sliced Beef – $5.35
The soup was fresh and served hot.
Here’s a better look at the toppings that Hello Kitty ordered:
- Quite a decent portion of toppings – sliced beef and fish – along with the vegetable toppings already supplied with the soup
Tomato & Pumpkin Fish Soup, Flat Rice Noodles, with Cuttlefish Ball, Fish Puff – $5.35
- So, this was my choice. The soup was quite tasty but it was a bit on the fishy side. Flat rice noodles are my favorite.
- I was impressed with the value of this – even alone, for about $5, you get a really good tasting bowl of soup noodles with a reasonable portion of toppings and vegetables (including cabbage and bean curd).
Here’s a better look at my soup:
Egg Ball Waffle – 1 order added to our soup noodle combo – $1
- For our dessert, Hello Kitty and I shared 1 order of egg ball waffle. Actually this was enough food – we were really full after our bowl of noodle soup, so we were glad we only got 1 order to share between us.
- The egg ball waffle was very crispy on the outside but probably lacked some of the batter on the inside. Otherwise, I really couldn’t complain for $1.
Overall value for combination – noodle soup + egg ball waffle: 5/5
Bubble Waffle was a really nice find at Aberdeen Mall. I enjoyed customizing my noodle soup – selecting the soup base, noodles, and toppings. The portion size is generous. The value is high. It was also a pretty good tasting noodle soup – especially coming from a food court. Don’t forget to add the egg ball waffle for another $1.
- Customize your noodle soup
- Great value. $5.35 for 2 toppings+noodle; $6.20 for 3 toppings+noodle; $7.05 for 4 toppings+noodle. Add an egg ball waffle for $1.
- Soup noodles are pretty decent, too!
- A bit of a wait – given the popularity