1426 NE Broadway
Tel: (503) 288-4300
August 3, 2012 – Lunch
Written by: Second Stomach
After Blizzard, Purple Parrot, and I walked through Lloyd Center, it was time for lunch. Pastini Pastaria was only a few blocks away and offered some great value lunches.
The sign outside certainly confirmed this:
Walking in, the atmosphere was very casual. We were able to get a table fairly quickly and we ordered quickly. I also ordered a sangria as it was one of their summer specials.
Here’s what we had for lunch today:
Linguini with Asparagus & Mushrooms
Linguini with Asparagus & Mushrooms – $6.75
- This was my selection today. The linguini is tossed with asparagus, mushrooms, and tomatoes. The predominant flavors are white wine, lemon, butter, and fresh herbs. The pasta was light and cooked right – I didn’t find the linguini under or over cooked.
- The pasta comes with a salad – a I opted for a caesar salad. Unfortunately, I found the caesar salad was heavy on the dressing and lemon. I also prefer to have garlic in my caesar – and I don’t think there was any in today’s salad.
- Overall, I personally thought the portion size was on the smaller side, but still fairly reasonable considering the price.
Spaghetti Siciliano – $6.75
- Blizzard selected this pasta today. It is described as having fresh and sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, sherry, capers, kalamata olives, and feta cheese. She appeared to enjoy her pasta – she liked having the lighters sauce and said it wasn’t too heavy. She also finished her plate today and thought the portion size was just right for lunch.
- Blizzard also chose a different salad to accompany her pasta. She said she enjoyed it and thought the amount of dressing on it was fine.
Here’s our bill today for the 3 of us:
When looking at this bill, I realized that there’s NO tax! I knew Oregon was tax free but I suppose it didn’t really sink in until I realized that also included food. What a nice surprise.. certainly, this improved the value of the meal.
Pastini Pastaria is an italian bistro that has multiple locations in Portland. We happened to find one of their locations a few blocks away from Lloyd Center and settled in for their lunch specials. The atmosphere is very casual and the service likely reflects that, too. I never did get my sangria today and by the time lunch came, weended up finishing our lunch fairly quickly and I wasn’t going to check in on the sangria again. The lunch specials (from Monday to Friday) are good value – at under $7.00, each dish comes with a small plate of pasta and a side dish of salad. Taste-wise, I thought the pasta was just a bit above average – nothing fancy or unique.
- Great value lunch specials on weekdays under $7.00 each
- Very casual sit-down restaurant
- Multiple locations in Oregon
- Food portions on the smaller side