650 W 41st Avenue (Oakridge Mall)
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H2
Tel: (604) 261-2820
August 11, 2012 – Brunch
Written by: Second Stomach
The only time I’ve ever really had food from White Spot is usually when I’m travelling on the ferry and ordering one of those famous triple O burgers. It’s usually Snowman who might dine here with his friends.
Originally, we were wanting to have dim sum here at Fortune Restaurant at Oakridge Mall but it appears they’ve been closed for a little while now. So, we decided to try the brunch at White Spot Restaurant. This location seems to have been at Oakridge Mall for a long time so they must be doing something right.
It’s a good sized restaurant and today, the restaurant was filling up.
Here’s the brunch menu:
For brunch today, I decided on the:
Steelhead Benedict (with a side order of fresh fruit and a glass of orange juice)
– Two poached omega 3 eggs with hollandaise sauce sit on top of cured Pacific steelhead and an english muffin. This was served with their “red nugged Smashbrowns”
– The benedict was cooked just right and there was just enough hollandaise sauce. The steelhead wasn’t too strongly flavored and offered a unique twist to the traditional eggs benny.
– The “red nugged Smashbrowns” were simply 2 large red potatos. The inside of the potato was very hot and soft while the outside skin was crispy.
We got a side serving of fresh fruit to go with our plate:
– Surprisingly this wasn’t too syrupy. The fruit was fresh and helped to balance out the heaviness from the eggs and potatos.
Our brunch here was very casual – as expected. I wasn’t really aware of their brunch menu until today and the benedict we had was decent. Certainly, I think there are much more interesting places to have brunch. However, there currently aren’t that many unique brunch spots nearby and certainly not in Oakridge Mall.
– Consistent quality – as to be expected from White Spot
– Lots of tables
– Chain restaurant – lots of locations
– One of the few restaurants in Oakridge Mall.