Various locations. Check this website for locations and times:
Tel: (778) 990-2853
April 10, 2013 – Lunch
Written by: Second Stomach
Le Tigre Food Truck focuses on Asian cuisine – with a bit of a contemporary flair. Based on the menu options, I was seeing Japanese, Korean, and Chinese influences. Menu options included rice dishes, buns, salads, soups, and side dishes like “beet fries”.
If you blow up the picture below, you might be able to see the menu:
This was my selection today:
Kickass Rice with Pork Belly
Kickass Rice with Pork Belly – $8
– The kickass rice comes with your choice of pork belly, popcorn chicken, or veggie. I’m quite fond of pork belly so this was a no-brainer for me.
– The other ingredients in this bowl include dashi, sake, butter, poached egg, and fresh herbs.
– I love having a poached egg with my rice. I immediately popped it to mix in with my rice:
– The egg was perfectly poached. I believe the bowl was served with Japanese rice since the rice was sticky – which was perfect with the poached egg as it was able to absorb the egg and the fat from the pork belly. The pork belly was a bit fatty in spots and for the most part tender (although could have been more tender for more liking).
– Overall, I found this combination of flavors quite tasty and satisfying – it was a little bit spicy which gave it a bit of a kick. It’s not really like anything I’ve had before – so it definitely was a unique take on a rice bowl.
Le Tigre Food truck offers some unique Asian menu items with a bit of a modern flair. The rice bowl I had today was quite good – although it looked like one of the few menu items that was truly an entrée. The rest of the menu items looked more like smaller side dishes and you might have to get a few of them to have enough for lunch.
– Modern take on Asian selections